Saturday, February 11, 2006

Myopic Spiral

I was thinking about perspective the other day. I remembered that when I was learning to drive, I was taught to keep my eyes up toward the horizon, and this would make it easier to drive within the lanes on the highway. When we look at the road directly in front of our car, we begin to make small, frequent, and conscious adjustments, which sometimes only serve to keep us weaving around in the lane, instead of just driving straight ahead with our eyes on the goal, so to speak. If we look to where we are going, it is easier to stay on the straight course to get there.

So it is with our life of faith. If we keep our eyes fixed on Jesus, we will find it easier to walk steadily toward Him. If we start looking down at the road right in front of us, we find ourselves veering off course. It is the long view toward the goal that keeps our path straight.

No comments:

Post a Comment