Let's see. The most recent Friday Five asked us to list five memorable moments from 2007. I am not sure I can remember 5 but I'll give it my best shot.
1) The gall bladder attack that put me in the hospital overnight last January. It was at a rural hospital, and I swear the surgeon wanted to cut me open then and there. But I made them wait.
2) The ensuing April surgery to remove the offending organ. I went back to work too early and slowed the healing process, but some changes I had been making throughout the year helped it all go smoothly.
3) Saying goodbye to yet another senior class.
4) Taking up golf again, and remembering what a great game it is and how I love it, and why I stopped in the first place.
5) As a result of the golf, renewing my friendships with some of the finest people in the world over at The Valley.
I did better than I thought.
I wonder what 2008 will bring.