This summer I discovered a web ring called "RevGalBlogPals." There are some intelligent, caring women - and men - whose blogs are a blessing to read.
I decided to participate in this weeks "Friday Five," a weekly meme, because it was kind of fun.
The meme begins here:
"In the coming days, I'll be meeting my creative/artistic role model--a singer-songwriter who has been a part of my spiritual journey for some 10 years now. I'm psyched!David Letterman used to have a feature on his show called "Brushes with Greatness." Members of the audience would share stories of encounters with famous people. And so...
1. Tell us about a time you met someone famous.
I worked as an usher at a summer stock theater when I was in high school, and I have been a regular attendee of concerts since then, because nothing beats live music. I have met Robert Goulet, Rita Moreno, Livingston Taylor, Eddie DeGarmo and Dana Key, and Randy Stonehill.
2. Tell us about a celebrity you'd like to meet.
I would love to meet Michael W. Smith.
3. Tell us about someone great who's *not* famous that you think everyone oughta have a chance to meet.
Our worship pastor, one of my very dearest friends, and a man who personifies the word grace, Glen Boardman.
4. Do you have any autographs of famous people?
Yup - Eddie DeGarmo, Dana Key, and Liv Taylor.
5. If you were to become famous, what would you want to become famous for?
Singing or preaching.
Bonus: Whose 15 minutes of fame was up long, long ago?
Yeah...Tom Cruise, Angelina and Brad, and Paris Hilton.