Friday, October 06, 2006

RevGals Friday Five for October 6

Well, I find myself with time to blog on a Friday, so I will choose to do the RevGalBlogPals Friday Five, an always enjoyable diversion from normalcy, and downright fun to do.

--------------------------------
Friday Five: Civic Duties
It's that season of the year when lawn signs are sprouting as surely as flowers in the spring; elections are just around the corner. And so today we bring you a Civic Duty Friday Five.

1) How old were you when you voted for the first time?

I was 18, and it was 1984.

2) What was the contest at the top of the ballot?

President was the top of the ballot - Ronald Reagan v. hmmm...don't remember that. Was it Mondale? President Reagan won by a landslide. I was a young Republican, then, and I was always a Reagan fan. Boy, could he speak, and he reminded me of my dad. Plus, I liked that he stood by the law with the whole air traffic controller thing. A President should stand for and abide by the law, and it was illegal for them to strike.

3) Can you walk to your polling place?

Depends on the day and the weather. It is a little over a mile and a half.

4) Have you ever run for public office?

No.

5) Have you run for office in a club or school or on a board?

Well, does running for Vice President of my teacher's association count? If so, I did, and I won.

----------------------------
Well, that was fun. Happy Friday, everyone.

1 comment: